Skip directly to content


Who treats OAB?

Who treats Overactive Bladder?

Who treats Overactive Bladder?

Overactive Bladder can be treated by your family doctor.

Women can see a gynecologist to seek treatment or a urogynecologist — a doctor who specializes in conditions affecting the urinary and reproductive systems of women.

In some cases, your family doctor or gynecologist may refer you to a urologist — a doctor who specializes in conditions of the urinary system.

These doctors can all effectively treat OAB, although they may use different methods. Your doctor or specialist might recommend or perform tests to help you decide the best way to improve your condition.